Monday, August 18, 2008

Porcelain girl holding yellow Iris






$13.00 plus shipping (insurance required)

This little girl was one of my mother's favorite things. She kept her on top of her chest of drawers. The only markings I can find on the bottom are part of the mold and very faint. I can read Holland and then there is something else I can't read. She is about 6 1/4" tall and at the widest part of her dress she is about 4 1/2". Her hair is a lovely chestnut color, the dress is light blue and her fingernails are painted pink.

Mother said the four rows of lace around the bottom of her dress was real lace applied to the porcelain. I don't know if this is true or not. I hope so! I thought she was perfect, but it looks like there might be 3 places on the bottom row of lace where the little rosette between the scallops is missing. I would never have noticed If I hadn't been inspecting it so closely.

She's is a lovely little lady who would love to grace your dresser or curio!

No comments: